Monday, November 9, 2009

peru

My family took us to Peru 1.5 yrs ago (I was 6.5 months pregnant I think). We had such a wonderful time! We went to Lima, Cuzco, Machu Picchu, Arequipa and Lorin, my dad and brothers went to Puno, Lake Titicaca and Colcha Canyon. My mom stayed with me because it was the altitude was too high :(

In Lima we stayed in Miraflores which is super close to tons of shopping, restaurants and nightlife....although Lorin and I went to bed at like 11pm after watching movies. We aren't party people but for those that are there is tons to do.

What made it so nice was that we rented a sweet apartment in a safe part of town where most tourists stay...ok we aren't tourists but the locals totally know we are from the States. We had 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, living room, dining room, kitchen, washer/dryer, cable, internet and the most important: HOT WATER! It was sweet and made our stay that more comfortable. We could have stayed with family but none were equiped to house 8 of us :(

So why am I blogging about this you may be asking yourself...
Well my parents have an apartment in Miraflores that they are renting out and asked me to tell my friends who love to travel about this. They've rented it out numerous times but since times are tough now they needed an extra helping hand from me and my blogging friends.

Here is the link for those that are interested or know of people that may be interested. All I know is that traveling to Peru is much easier now that we know that we are going to be staying in a safe place with all that we are used to having here in the US. So for those that are planning to go to Peru (which is totally awewsome by the way......especially the food....oh my gosh don't even get me started!!!) here it is:

www.mirarentalperu.com

it really is sweet and super nicely furnished....let me know if you have questions or whatever :)

No comments: